These beeswax dinner candles are a perfect way to introduce atmosphere and ambience to your room. The candles emit a lovely warm glow and have a beautiful subtle honey scent.
The candles are made in Cumbria from sustainably sourced UK beeswax by a family-run business of candlemakers, using the traditional candlemaking technique of hand-dipping. An artisanal process that involves repeatedly dipping wicks – hung from a frame – into molten wax, gradually building up each candle layer by layer.
- Made from 100% pure beeswax
- Each candle measures approx 23 cm x 2.2 cm
- Burn time per candle approx 8 hrs
- Sold in pairs joined by the wick
- Hand dipped in the UK
- All our orders are supplied in plastic-free packaging and we also plant a tree for every product sold with Just One Tree
- Trim the wick to 5 mm before first lighting and make sure it is straight to prevent the wick from leaning and only burning on one side of the candle.
- Make sure your candle is secure and sits straight in its holder on a level surface to prevent hot melted wax from spilling or the candle falling.
- When first lighting your candle, allow the candle to burn long enough to melt all the way to the edge to prevent tunnelling.
- Always re-trim the wick to 5 mm before re-lighting and remove any foreign materials or trimmings.
- To remove spilled wax from your candle holder, put these in the freezer until the wax is frozen. This causes the wax to harden and shrink and come off more easy.
- Candle Safety: never leave a burning candle unattended. Burn candles out of reach of children and pets. Always leave at least 10cm between burning candles. Do not burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire. Only burn this candle on a level heat resistant surface, do not place directly on glass or marble surfaces.
Tips for use
- Your candle is too narrow for your holder: something you can do if your candle is a little too narrow for the holder is to add some width to the bottom of the candle by wrapping a strip of aluminium foil around the candle until the candle fits in the holder perfectly.
- Your candle is too wide for your holder: if your candle is slightly too wide for the holder, you can carefully scrape some wax off your candle at the bottom with a knife. Scrape off only thin layers at the time to make sure your candle will not become too narrow.
The candles may vary in colour and shape as beeswax is a natural product and due to being handmade.
For information regarding processing times, please see our FAQ page here