Our Liko candle holder is now available as part of a set with 6 beeswax tealight refills. Perfect to start your journey to a more sustainable lifestyle or purchase as a lovely gift set for any candle lover.
- About Liko:
Liko is our cute and playful addition to our range of candle holders. Being stackable and having the possibility to use as a classic candle holder or for tealights, it’s completely up to you to decide how you use and display them in your interior. The surface is stone-like with tiny flecks and has a very subtle shine which is visible in certain light.
Each Liko comes with a reusable metal tealight cup in brushed gold or silver finish in which you can fit tealight refills, minimising your waste from buying tealights that come in disposable cups (although aluminium is indefinitely recyclable, unfortunately, once there is any leftover wax stuck to it, it will not be recycled and end up in landfill). Simply clean out the metal cup after every use and you can reuse it forever, how amazing is that! See our ‘tips for use’ below for easy removal of leftover wax in your metal cup.
- About the tealights:
The tealights are made by NoneOfYourrBeeswax, who source their beeswax ethically and locally from a beekeeper in London. The tealights have a beautiful sweet scent of honey and will burn for an average of 3 to 4 hours.
If you would like to purchase the set as a gift, we now offer sustainable gift wrap options here
- Holder made from Jesmonite
- Dimensions: 6 cm wide x 6.2 cm high
- Holds candles of approx 2.2 cm wide in diameter
- Holds tealights of up to 4 cm in diameter
- Weight: approx 233 g
- Hand cast to order in our home studio in Kent
- 2 mm cork bottom to protect surfaces
- Tealights are made in the UK with 100% pure beeswax
- Each tealight measures approx 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm
- Burn time per tealight approx 3 – 4 hrs
- All our orders are supplied in plastic-free packaging and we also plant a tree for every product sold with Just One Tree
- You can wipe your Jesmonite pieces with a soft damp cloth. In case of spillage, we recommend cleaning immediately using warm soapy water if needed and wiping dry afterwards. Please do not use a metal scourer or rough cloth as this will cause scratches on the surface.
- Each piece is sealed for waterproofing, however, we advise not to submerge or leave your Jesmonite pieces sitting in water.
- We recommend carefully removing spilled wax from the holder as soon as the wax has hardened.
- To remove leftover wax from the metal cup or dried spilled wax on your holder, put the cup/holder in the freezer until the wax is frozen. This causes the wax to harden and shrink and come off easy. Take a look here for a full explanation and more tips & tricks.
- Straighten the wick before lighting to prevent the wick from leaning and only burning on one side of the tealight.
- When first lighting your tealight, allow the candle to burn long enough to melt all the way to the edge to prevent tunnelling.
- Always trim the wick to 5 mm before re-lighting and remove any foreign materials or trimmings.
Tips for use
- Use with a candle that is too narrow: something you can do if your candle is a little too narrow for the holder is to add some width to the bottom of the candle by wrapping a strip of aluminium foil around the candle until the candle fits in the holder perfectly.
- Use with a candle that is too wide: if your candle is slightly too wide for the holder, you can carefully scrape some wax off your candle at the bottom with a knife. Scrape off only thin layers at the time to make sure your candle will not become too narrow for the holder.
As all our Jesmonite pieces are individually made and finished by hand, slight colour/pattern variations and small surface differences like air bubbles may occur. These features are part of the casting process, making each piece unique.
The tealights may vary in colour and shape as beeswax is a natural product and due to each tealight being individually handmade.
For information regarding processing times and to know more about the material Jesmonite, please see our FAQ page here