These tall beeswax pillar candles will give you hours and hours of enjoyment. The candles emit a lovely warm glow and have a beautiful subtle honey scent. They fit nicely in our Alamo tealight holder when removing the glass cup.
The candles are made in Cumbria from sustainably sourced UK beeswax by a family-run business of candlemakers, using the traditional candlemaking technique of hand-dipping. An artisanal process that involves repeatedly dipping wicks – hung from a frame – into molten wax, gradually building up each candle layer by layer.
- Made from 100% pure beeswax
- Each candle measures approx 20 cm x 4.5 cm
- Burn time per candle approx 24 hrs
- Sold in pairs joined by the wick
- Hand-dipped in the UK
- All our orders are supplied in plastic-free packaging and we also plant a tree for every product sold with Just One Tree
- Trim the wick to 5 mm before first lighting and make sure it is straight to prevent the wick from leaning and only burning on one side of the candle.
- Pillar candles are wide enough to stand on their own, but make sure your candle plate or holder sits on a level surface to prevent hot melted wax from spilling or the candle falling.
- Always place candles away from drafts, children and pets.
- When first lighting your candle, allow the candle to burn long enough to melt all the way to the edge to prevent tunnelling.
- Always re-trim the wick to 5 mm before re-lighting and remove any foreign materials or trimmings.
- To remove leftover wax from your candle plate or holder, put these in the freezer until the wax is frozen. This causes the wax to harden and shrink and come off more easy.
- Candle Safety: never leave a burning candle unattended. Burn candles out of reach of children and pets. Always leave at least 10cm between burning candles. Do not burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire. Only burn this candle on a level heat resistant surface, do not place directly on glass or marble surfaces.
The candles may vary in colour and shape as beeswax is a natural product and due to being handmade.
For information regarding processing times, please see our FAQ page here