Liko is our cute and playful addition to our range of candle holders. Being stackable and having the possibility to use as a classic candle holder or for tealights, it’s completely up to you to decide how you use and display them in your interior. The surface is stone-like with tiny flecks and has a very subtle shine which is visible in certain light.
Each Liko comes with a reusable metal tealight cup in brushed gold or silver finish in which you can fit tealight refills, minimising your waste from buying tealights that come in disposable cups (although aluminium is indefinitely recyclable, unfortunately, once there is any leftover wax stuck to it, it will not be recycled and end up in landfill). Simply clean out the metal cup after every use and you can reuse it forever, how amazing is that! See our care tips below for easy removal of leftover wax in your metal cup.
The metal cups can fit tealights up to 4 cm in diameter or use without the metal holder as a traditional candleholder for candles of approx 2.2 cm in diameter.
If you wish, you can complete your purchase by adding our pure beeswax tealight refills or dinner candles to your order. The candles have a beautiful sweet scent of honey and emit a lovely golden light when lit.
- Made from Jesmonite
- Dimensions: 6 cm wide x 6.2 cm high
- Holds candles of approx 2.2 cm wide in diameter
- Holds tealights of up to 4 cm in diameter
- Weight: approx 233 g
- Hand cast to order in our home studio in Kent: most orders are made & in the post within 7-10 days of purchase
- 2 mm cork bottom to protect surfaces
- All our orders are supplied in plastic-free packaging and we also plant a tree for every product sold with Just One Tree
- Made from 100% pure beeswax
- Each tealight measures approx 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm
- Burn time per tealight approx 3 – 4 hrs
- Tealights are sold per six
- Please note these are tealight refills which come without encasing
- Each dinner candle measures approx 23 cm x 2.2 cm
- Burn time per dinner candle approx 8 hrs
- Dinner candles are sold in pairs joined by the wick
- Handmade in the UK
- You can dab your Jesmonite pieces with a soft damp cloth. In case of spillage, we recommend cleaning immediately using warm soapy water if needed and wiping dry afterwards. Please do not use a metal scourer or rough cloth as this will cause scratches on the surface.
- Each piece is sealed for waterproofing, however, we advise not to submerge or leave your Jesmonite pieces sitting in water.
- We recommend carefully removing spilled wax from the holder as soon as the wax has hardened.
- To remove leftover wax from the metal cup or dried spilled wax on your holder, put the cup/holder in the freezer until the wax is frozen. This causes the wax to harden and shrink and come off easy. Take a look here for a full explanation.
Tips for use
- Use with a candle that is too narrow: something you can do if your candle is a little too narrow for the holder is to add some width to the bottom of the candle by wrapping a strip of aluminium foil around the candle until the candle fits in the holder perfectly.
- Use with a candle that is too wide: if your candle is slightly too wide for the holder, you can carefully scrape some wax off your candle at the bottom with a knife. Scrape off only thin layers at the time to make sure your candle will not become too narrow for the holder.
As all our Jesmonite pieces are individually made and finished by hand, slight colour/pattern variations and small surface differences like air bubbles may occur. These features are part of the casting process, making each piece unique.
For information regarding processing times and to know more about the material Jesmonite, please see our FAQ page here